Apply now to be part of the Metro Arts Visual Arts Program (Exhibitions)
Metro Arts is calling for Expressions of Interest from artists, artist collectives and curators to exhibit in our West Village, Brisbane art galleries as part of Metro Arts’ 2024 artistic program.
In 2024 Metro Arts will present a 12-month program of exhibitions across three galleries: Gallery One, Gallery Two and Window Gallery. The program will feature exhibitions by early career through to established practitioners working across a diverse cross-section of contemporary visual art practice. Exhibitions in all galleries will run for up to 6 weeks, in addition to an installation period of 1-2 weeks depending on the project requirements. Each exhibition will be accompanied by relevant public programming, which might include artist talks, screenings, workshops or performance.
Exhibition proposals may nominate a single gallery or multiple gallery spaces for a single project. Metro Arts does not take a commission on sold works. Metro Arts will continue to pay Artist Fees to all exhibiting artists as detailed below, as well as a fee towards production. These fees have been designed in consultation with the most recent NAVA guidelines.
The number of exhibiting opportunities will be dependent on funding outcomes that are yet to be determined.
WHAT IS METRO ARTS LOOKING FOR?
For the 2024 Exhibition Program Metro Arts is looking for high quality, ambitious proposals that demonstrate:
- An engagement with contemporary art practices/contexts
- Development of emergent practices or new directions within established practices
- Openness to critical engagement
Please read the Metro Arts Exhibition Program 2024 Application Guide before applying to find out the specifics of what is provided and what is required from applicants/participating artists.
WHO SHOULD APPLY?
- Metro Arts welcomes proposals from early career through to established practitioners presenting solo, collaborative or group exhibitions
- The program is open to artists, artist collectives and curators looking to exhibit new and experimental works in all fields of contemporary art, including sculpture, installation, moving image, painting, drawing, digital media, sound, photography and live art.
- Local and Interstate artists are welcome and encouraged to apply, but should consider relevant logistical expenses in relation to the fees offered by Metro Arts. Remote installation is possible, but it is preferred that artists exhibiting in Gallery One will be able to attend the opening event and to take advantage of the installation period to develop the exhibition onsite.
- The smaller scale of Gallery Two and Window Gallery will make these more amenable to remote installation. If you are an interstate applicant, your application should include consideration of any relevant travel considerations, bearing in mind Metro Arts cannot provide additional funds towards travel, freight or other logistical expenses.
HOW TO APPLY: Applications should be submitted via the online application form. Access the form HERE.
APPLICATIONS CLOSE: Tuesday 11 April 2023, 11:59pm AEST
WATCH THE INFO SESSION VIDEO HERE