Apply now to be part of the Metro Arts Creative Development Program
Metro Arts exists to ensure new art is created today, tomorrow and beyond. We champion all contemporary art forms (visual and performance) and the creation of thought provoking and exhilarating art.
Metro Arts provides much needed space (physically and figuratively) for Australian artists to grow, create, develop, experience and carve out a sustainable and viable arts practice.
In 2024, Metro Arts will continue to support the creative development of new contemporary works. The creative development program will feature works by early career through to established performing arts practitioners. The program will emphasise quality contemporary practice that demonstrates innovation, experimentation, and critical engagement.
Perhaps it’s an artform not typically envisioned in a theatre setting. The 2024 Call for Proposals does not invite applications for Metro Arts’ Performance Presentation Program. We are currently only seeking proposals for the Creative Development Program.
WHAT DOES CREATIVE DEVELOPMENT AT METRO ARTS MEAN?
- Our Creative Development opportunities support work in all stages of development, from early career through to established practitioners, offer flexible platforms for presentation and engage with artists and teams to interrogate the work at every phase.
- Creative Developments typically run for two weeks in one of our studios. However, every Creative Development process is different and is completely dependent on the Artists’ goals for their work. For some, it’s an opportunity to explore an idea further with new collaborators and gain ground on a concept, while for others the work is in its final stages of development and is just needing a final nudge towards being stage-ready.
Please read the Call for Proposals – Creative Development 2024 Application Guide HERE to find out the specifics of what is provided and what is required from applicants/participating artists.
Some past and current creative developments can be viewed HERE.
WHO SHOULD APPLY?
- Metro Arts is seeking contemporary performance makers who are brave and curious.
- Artists who are open to collaboration and conversation, who will dedicate their time and commitment to the project, including pre and post project tasks, are favourably considered.
- Interstate artists are welcome to apply, however please consider that Metro Arts will not be responsible for the costs associated with travel and accommodation if successful.
HOW TO APPLY: Applications should be submitted via the online application form. Access the form HERE.
APPLICATIONS CLOSE: Tuesday 11 April 2023, 11:59pm AEST
Watch the Info Session Video below